The Yellow Cottage is a renovated two-bedroom cottage located in Doolin towards Lisdoonvarna, which we rent to long term tenants.
The Yellow Cottage is currently available for rent from Saturday 29 August 2015. It is suitable for someone who has an interest in traditional cottages and peaceful living. The Cottage is perfect for a couple who want to live in peace and quiet away from the bustle of the villages.
The Cottage is in Tournahoon, around 2KM from Doolin Village and around 3.5KM from Lisddonvarna. Tournahoon is a small hamlet of around a half a dozen houses. The Cottage is between two newer properties, but on a quiet and private site. The Yelow Cottage has views across Doolin village and the coast.
The Yellow Cottage was fully renovated some 15 years ago and two years ago was given a significant refurbishment (including new kitchen). It has many original features, including a large hearth (with wood burning stove) and Liscannor stone flooring.
The Cottage has delightful features and consists of:
- A porch area leading to a lounge, with large hearth and woodburning stove
- A double bedroom off the lounge
- A single bedroom off the corridor between the lounge and the kitchen
- A fuly equipped kitchen at the rear of the property. There is an electric cooker.
- Bathroom (with shower) off the kitchen
- The Cottage is double glazed throughout
- Oil fired central heating with radiators in all rooms
- There are two outbuildings for storage (one is a lockable metal shed which is fairly weatherproof)
- Off-road parking for two cars
- Sunny garden to the front and side, with access to the outbuildings
- The Cottage is fully furnished and equipped, including a washer dryer
The Yellow Cottage is available at a monthly rent of €450 paid in advance. You wil also need to pay one month's rent in advance as a security deposit. We are seeking a 6 or 12 month rental (or longer).
- We are looking to rent to a couple or a single person only. You will need to provide references from most recent landlord and current employer.
- Sorry, no dogs. Other pets can be considered.
- The garden is mostly grass, which you will need to cut (the landlord can arrange this at an additional charge).
- Please do take a look at google maps (using GPS position 53.030978, -9.338114) so you are clear on the location.
- The Eircode is V95 D8N8. You can see the location here.
- As with most rentals, all utility and heating charges are additional and need to be paid by the tenant. These costs are electricity and oil (for central heating) plus any coal or wood for the stove and any telecom charges. You pay these charges direct to the supplier. As the Yellow Cottage is on a private water supply there are no charges, at present, from Irish Water.
- Because of the location, internet access is likely going to be via a 3g or 4g connection (there is decent coverage in the area). You would need to arrange this through a provider like Vodafone or similar.
- There is a telephone point in the Cottage, although it has been disconnected for some years. If you wished, you could arrange with Eircom to reconnect it (it is possible that you could get Eircom broadband, but this is not guaranteed).
If you are interested in renting the Yellow Cottage please email us at email@example.com, giving a day time telephone number, and we will get back to you to discuss.
Phil & Val
P.S. We have provided a small photo gallery of the Yellow Cottage below.